WFUNA Youth Camp will is planned to be held in Kore from 25 July – 1 August, 2018 at Kyunghee University Global Campus, Yong-in, Korea. The deadline to apply as trainer is 15 April 2018.
About WUFNA Korea: WFUNA Youth Camp Korea is an educational initiative launched to encourage greater global civic responsibility by involving participants in actionable extra-curricular programs aimed at helping impoverished youth in developing countries.
Venue: Kyung Hee University Global Campus
Hosts: World Federation of United Nations Associations (WFUNA), Kyung Hee University College of International Studies (KIC) and Hope to the Future Association
Requirements & Eligibility: The eligibility criteria for trainer is as under:
- Must be currently enrolled in or have graduated from university.
- Prior experience with WIMUN is highly preferred. Prior experience with other Model UN conferences or workshops using WIMUN rules of procedure is also preferred.
- Prior experience teaching youth is highly preferred.
- Must be committed to producing all pre-camp and on-site deliverables in a timely manner.
- Ideal candidates should display professionalism in their work, be very responsive to email, be open to constructive feedback, and have strong communication skills and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to arrive in Seoul, South Korea, must be able to dedicate time between March-August to prepare for the camp, and must be available during all days of July 25 – August 1 in Seoul, South Korea for camp preparation and execution.
Benefits: By attending the camp a trainer will give you following benefits:
- Opportunity to work with WFUNA on a high-profile event.
- Certificate from the WFUNA Secretary-General.
- Accommodations during entire duration of the camp.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner during the camp.
- Trainer Stipend: WFUNA will provide a trainer stipend to all trainers after the successful completion of the program to cover basic living expenses incurred during the duration of the camp.
- Travel stipend: WFUNA will provide partial travel subsidies to trainers joining our camp from countries outside of South Korea after the successful completion of the program. The final subsidy will be determined after the interview process has been completed.
- Teach youth about the UN and the SDGs through a WIMUN Approach workshop and MUN simulation.
- Take part in all online / offline pre-camp training sessions for the camp.
- Online training session: 4-6 pre-camp training sessions via Online before the camp begins.Offline training session: 2 day pre-camp training session.
- Partake in developing and organizing curricular lesson plans for your designated classes.
Complete details can be read at WFUNA Youth Camp Korea.
Application: Online Form
Application Deadline: 15 April2018