HEC, Pakistan invites applications from Pakistani/AJ&K nationals for the Stipendium Hungarian Scholarship Programme 2018-19, under bilateral Higher Education and Scientific Exchange Programme between the Government of Hungary and Higher Education Commission (HEC), Government of Pakistan. All awards will be made on the basis of the academic merit, quality of the research proposal, potential of the candidate, likely impact of the work on the development of Pakistan. The Programme is managed by Higher Education Commission, Islamabad and Tempus Public Foundation, Hungary.
Stipendium Hungaricum scholarships are available for Pakistani students fulfilling basic eligibility criteria in specified disciplines and other requirements of Hungarian universities under following programs:
- Bachelor Degree (04 years degree programme after 12 years education)
- Master Degree (02 years degree programme after 16 years education)
- PhD Degree (03 years doctoral degree (PhD) after 18 years education)
The students applying for programmes in English language shall have an appropriate knowledge of English at a certain level that is defined by the host Hungarian Institution. Only above specified disciplines / field of studies will be considered for award of scholarship. Further, field of studies / Disciplines once selected by any candidate will not be changed before or after award of scholarship.
Tuition-free education: exemption from the payment of tuition fee
Monthly stipend: Bachelor and Masters Scholarships: monthly HUF 40,460/- (cca EUR 130) contribution to the living expenses, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies.
Doctoral level: according to the current Hungarian legislation, monthly HUF 140,000/-(cca EUR 450) at present – for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies.
Accommodation: Dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40,000/- to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period.
Medical insurance: Health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance.
Economy Class Return Airfare: To be borne by Higher Education Commission, Islamabad. Maximum one way airfare to maximum PKR 75,000/- or as per actual whichever is lesser (at the time of final selection/ departure to Hungary and also return airfare to Pakistan maximum PKR 75,000/- immediately after successful completion of degree).
Applicants are eligible to apply for those scholarship types and specified study fields as defined above by HEC and that are also determined in the educational cooperation programmes in effect between Hungary and the Sending Partner i.e. Higher Education Commission of Pakistan.
- Applicant must be a citizen of Pakistan/AJ&K.
- Must be between the age of 18-22 years for undergraduate programmes, for which they are applying for admission and the age limit should not exceed from 35 years for postgraduate Master’s (18 years) and PhD programs on 31st January 2018. In case of PhD programs, for full time employees of public sector Universities, Colleges and R&D organizations the maximum age must be 40 years on 31st January 2018.
- The applicant must have completed HSSC/Intermediate or equivalent for application in 04 year Bachelor’s (Undergraduate Program).
- The applicant must have completed 16 years Bachelors/or equivalent Degree for application in Master’s (Postgraduate Program).
- The applicant must have completed 18 years Degree/or equivalent for application in PhD Program.
- The applicant must fill all the fields of the Hungary Application Form and HEC application form and no column or field should be left unfilled.
- Certificates/Transcript/Degrees to be attached must be attested by the attesting authorities such as IBCC and HEC. Equivalence of O & A level from IBCC is mandatory.
- It is the sole responsibility of candidate to make sure that all technical/engineering/professional programmes which they are applying, must be accredited by the respective Councils/Governing Bodies such as PEC, PMDC etc.
- IELTS/TOEFL scores as required, where applicable.
- All applicants must submit medical certificate of satisfactory health condition (issued not earlier than 1 month, a written certificate from a physician to prove that the applicant does not have the following illnesses: AIDS, Hepatitis A, B, C or any other epidemic conditions)
- In case of final selection, applicants will have to submit a bond on legal paper to HEC that he/she will not change discipline after final award of scholarship, and immediately after completion of his/her degree, he/she will return back to Pakistan to serve the country for a period as prescribed by the HEC. In case of failure to do so, HEC reserves the right to recover from candidate or his/her guarantor, a penalty amount as prescribed/decided by the HEC.
- Applicants must fulfill all other requirements set by host Hungarian university/Higher Education Commission of Pakistan.
- In case of final selection, candidate has to submit a bond agreement and will not be allowed to withdraw from the scholarship.
- Applicants declining HEC nomination will be barred for five years to apply in any HEC programme.
Non Eligibility: Applications will not be considered in following cases:
- Hungarian citizens (including those with dual citizenships)
- Former Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship holders, who are re-applying for studies in the same cycle of education (e.g. bachelor, master, doctoral). Candidates nominated by HEC in the 2016-17 & 2017-18 batches of Stipendium Hungaricum Programme are not eligible to apply.
- Applications misrepresenting any information, even if the misrepresentation is pointed out after the scholarship is awarded.
- Result awaiting candidates are not eligible to apply.
Please visit the websites given at the end for more information about the all degree programs and fields of study.
Phone No.: +92-334-111-94329
Due Date: 31 January, 2018