The NTU Research Scholarship is awarded to outstanding graduate students for research leading to a higher degree at the University. The Scholarship consists of a monthly stipend plus a tuition fee subsidy.
Eligibility Criteria: The eligibility criteria for this scholarship is
- a local or international student seeking admission as a full-time candidate pursuing a Graduate Research programme at NTU.
- You must have a First Class Honours or Second Class (Upper Division) Honours or its equivalent
- You should not be on paid employment or accept paid employment or concurrently hold any other scholarship, fellowship, bursary or top-up allowance during the prescribed period of the award
- The award is tenable for one year in the first instance and is renewable subject to good progress. The maximum period of the Scholarship is 2 years for Master’s candidates and 4 years for PhD candidates, as determined by school as well as availability of research funding in each case.
- A monthly stipend of S$2,000 for PhD and S$1,500 for master international student
- For scholars who pass the Ph.D. Qualifying Examination/Confirmation, he/she may be eligible for an additional stipend of up to $500 per month. The increased in stipend is subjected to good performance in research and the attainment of required standards for courses taken. The University reserves the right to vary the amount of the stipend at any time by written notice.
- In addition to the monthly stipend, the award also covers the annual tuition fee.
These scholarships are open to the students of following schools:
- Asian School of the Environment (ASE)
- School of Art, Design and Media (ADM)
- School of Biological Sciences (SBS)
- School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering (SCBE)
- School of Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE)
- School of Computer Science and Engineering (SCSE)
- School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE)
- School of Humanities (SOH)
- School of Materials Science and Engineering (MSE)
- School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE)
- School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences (SPMS)
- School of Social Sciences (SSS)
- Interdisciplinary Graduate School (IGS)
- Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKC Medicine)
- Nanyang Business School (College of Business)(NBS)
- S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS)
- Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information (WKWSCI)
How to Apply: You can apply for this scholarship when you are filling in your application form. Complete the “Application for Scholarship” section in your application form.
Deadline: 31 January 2018