Max Planck Institute Luxembourg invites online applications for PhD Scholarships session 2019 under fully funded scholarship category with a monthly stipend of € 1,500. The deadline for submission of online application for fully funded PhD scholarship is 30 April 2018.
MPI Luxembourg: Among the goals pursued by the Max Planck Institute Luxembourg for International, European and Regulatory Procedural Law is to promote research and academic exchange with foreign scholars. In this framework, to assist particularly young scholars further advance their research activity, the Max Planck Institute Luxembourg offers a limited number of scholarships for foreign doctoral candidates to support their research stay at the Institute for up to six months in the calendar year 2019.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must be:
- Doctoral candidates carrying out research activity within the Institute’s areas of research, i.e. international dispute resolution and comparative procedural law.
- Proficiency in English is compulsory
- The call is also open to doctoral candidates writing their thesis in a language other than English.
Application Procedure: Applications by those who fulfill the PhD criteria of Max Planck Institute Luxembourg, must submit an online application along with following documents (in English):
- Cover letter (max. 1 page), stating the motivation for their application, the correlation between the topic of their research and the Institute’s areas of research, and the desired time frame for the scholarship stay in the calendar year 2019
- Up-to-date curriculum vitae (including an inventory of the courses taken and grades earned as part of their University degree)
- Summary of the PhD project (max. 2 pages), including subject, description and work plan
- Two letters of recommendation (including one from the PhD supervisor, with his/her contact details).
Grant and Benefits: The scholarship is paid in monthly installments of € 1,500. Moreover, the selected applicants will be offered a workstation in the reading room.
They will also have the opportunity to participate in the regular scientific events hosted at the Institute and other activities. During the funding period, the presence of the Scholarship Holder at the Institute is required.
Application Submission: Max Planck Institute Luxembourg Portal
Deadline for Applications: 30 April 2018