The Faculty Development Programme has been designed for capacity enhancement of selected universities. The purpose of the FDP is to encourage and reward existing faculty for developing their teaching skills in key areas of their expertise. It caters to enhance the education level and encourage the young non-PhD faculty members so that they can contribute in nation building with their technical and professional enhanced knowledge. The programme focuses on strengthening of university academic programmes through foreign qualified faculty and enhancing effectiveness of teaching and learning at Pakistan. It will also bring opportunities to develop research projects and simultaneously build capacity in the education system of both the partner countries.
The program provides an opportunity of learning abroad for research and development as non-PhD faculty members of selected universities to pursue their PhD degree abroad. The Programme offers PhD scholarships in specific disciplines for each participating university. The list of universities sis given below:
Eligibility Criteria: The applicants must fulfill the following criteria for the award of scholarship:
- Pakistani / AJK nationals/as specified against university,
- Must have minimum 18 years of education with MS/ M.Phil/ equivalent degree for Ph.D admission in relevant field,
- Must have a first division (in annual examination system) or CGPA 3.0 out of 4.0 or 4.0 out of 5.0 in the final degree.
- Maximum two second divisions and no third division throughout academic career,
- Maximum age on closing date: 40 years for full time/ regular employees of university/ R&D organizations;
and 35 years for all others.
- Must obtain minimum 50 marks in HEC aptitude test (HAT).
- Must have obtained requisite qualification on or before the closing date i.e 20th December 2017.
- Those who are availing any other scholarship are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply: Applicants are required to submit online application via HEC e-portal . Original online deposit slip OR ATM transfer slip of Rs 500 (PKR)/- (non–refundable) as application processing fee in favour of DG Finance, HEC must be uploaded on HEC e-portal. Fee can be deposited in Account Number 1742-79001334-01, Habib Bank Ltd through any bank.
Hard copy of application is not required at the moment. Candidates are advised to keep original deposit slip for record and future correspondence.
These scholarships are offered for the following universities :
- AJK Women University, Bagh
- Balochistan Univeristy of Engineering and Technology, Khuzdar (Balochistan only)
- Ghazi University, Dera Ghazi Khan
- FATA University
- Khushhal Khan Khattak University, Karak
- Lahore College for Women University, Lahore
- National University of Modern Languages, Islamabad
- Sardar Bahadur Khan Women University, Quetta (Balochistan only)
- Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University, Benazirabad
- Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto Medical University, Larkana
- University of Baltistan, Skardu
- University of Engineering & Technology, Lahore (Punjab only)
- University of Engineering & Technology, Peshawar – New Campus at Jalozai (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa/FATA/PATA only)
- University of Malakand (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa/FATA/PATA only)
- University of Swabi
- University of Swat Main campus and Women Subcampus at Mangora
- Women University, Multan
The scholarships will be awarded in specific disciplines/ subject areas for each participating university. The institution wise list of disciplines/ subjects is available here. If the scholarship in a subject is being offered in multiple universities, a candidate may choose three universities, at the most.
HEC aptitude test (HAT) will be conducted by HEC for eligible applicants.
|HAT 1||Engineering & IT|
|HAT 2||Management Science, Business Education|
|HAT 3||Social Sciences, Art & Humanities|
|HAT 4||Agriculture & Veterinary Sciences, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences|
Applicants are required to fill the information through online application process. Requests for amendment will not be entertained after submission of online application.
Merit list will be prepared on the basis of online data / information provided by the applicant. In case any information is found to be untrue/ misrepresented at any stage; the application process will be terminated.
Candidates will have to secure admission in the international universities/ countries with whom HEC has signed agreement. For further detail about countries/international universities.
HEC may allocate any country/international university to the candidate for the purpose of PhD studies abroad.
Selected candidates who are not faculty member in any of the universities mentioned above will be offered faculty position as Lecturer in respective University through its selection board. Scholarship will only be awarded in the fields selected for that university after appointment as Lecturer.
Awardees will have to execute a bond with HEC and respective university to serve the same university for five years after completion of study. No request for change of University for the purpose of service bond will be entertained in any case.
Phone No.: +92-334 -111-9432
Due Date: 20 December, 2017