Higher Education Commission (HEC Pakistan) invites applications from outstanding Pakistani/AJK nationals who intend to complete PhD from Pakistani Higher Education Commission (HEC) recognized universities/Degree Awarding Institutions (DAIs) for the current year 2018. The deadline for submission of consent to appear in Higher Education Commission Aptitude test (HAT) is 7 May 2018.
The scholarships are being offered for the academic year 2018-19 in all areas of studies/disciplines under the project entitled “Indigenous PhD Fellowship for 5000 Scholars-Phase-II” in the following four categories:
- Bachelors/Masters 16 Years Completed
- Masters/MPhil 18 Years Enrolled
- Masters / Mp.Phil 18 years completed
- PhD enrolled
Basic Eligibility Criteria:
- Pakistani/AJK nationals
- For MS/MPhil, the candidates must have minimum 16 years of education at the closing date of application i.e. May 7. 2018 with no 3r6 Division or Grade-D in degrees/certificates during entire academic career.
- Candidates applying for direct PhD scholarships must have minimum CGPA 3.0 (out of 4.0) and 1st Division in MS/MPhil or equivalent degrees.
- Maximum age at the above-mentioned closing date of application: 40 years for full-time, regular faculty members of public sector universities/DAIs and regular employee of the public sector / R & D organizations and 35 years for all others
- The candidates who are already availing any other HEC/Government scholarship are NOT eligible to apply.
- Applicants enrolled into a PhD programme before Spring 2016 semester are not eligible to apply
- This offer of scholarships is valid for full-time, regular students, while in case of employment, study leave will be required for full duration of study programme.
- Applicants are required to submit only online application through (eportal.hec.gov.pk). Hard copy of applications and any other documents are not required at this stage.
- Original online deposit slip/ATM transfer slip of Rs. 500 – non-refundable) as application processing fee in favour of Director General, Finance, HEC. Fee can be deposited through any bank in Account Number 1742.79001334-01, Habib Bank Limited.
Higher Education Commission Aptitude Test An aptitude test will be conducted within one month of the closing date of application in the following four categories based on relevant discipline mentioned by the applicant. Candidates applying through online process will be sent roll number slips at their provided mailing address and via SMS on given mobile number. The roll number slips can also be downloaded from HEC websit.
Hard copy of application is not required at this stage.
Application: E-Portal HEC
HEC Indigenous Information: HEC Indigenous Portal
Last Date to Apply: 7 May 2018