The 9th annual Global Summit (Girls 20 Global Summit 2018) will be held in Buenos Aires, Argentina from 14 – 20 October 2018. 20+ young women from around the world will arrive in Buenos Aires for a week of leadership training, social enterprise development and mentoring by female leaders in the business and public sectors.
The G(irls)20 Summit is modeled after the G20 Summit and culminates in a one-day symposium with local and international panelists, keynotes, and experts on economic and social issues facing girls and women.
The week-long summit for delegates will include:
- Workshops building valuable leadership skills — from Emotional Intelligence to Strategic Planning
- Panels and speeches on the key issues facing girls and women globally — with an emphasis on digital inclusion and financial inclusion
- Developing a Communiqué to G20 leaders, with recommendations based on the delegates unique experience and expertise
- Networking receptions with movers and shakers in the public and private sectors
- Building a network of female mentors from the across the public and private sectors
- The opportunity to build lifelong friendships with 20+ young female leaders from around the world
Summit Schedule: The preliminary dates fr events regarding registration, selection and notification of successful participants is given below:
- Application period: 8 March – 6 April 2018 (Close on 15:00 EST)
- Interview: May 2018
- Notification of Successful Candidates: June 2018
- Pre-Summit Work: June – October 2018
Requirements: Anyone fulfilling following criteria can apply to become a part of G20 Summit 2018:
- Any young woman born within 1995-2001
- Holds or can obtain a valid passport
- Lives in and/ or holds citizenship in any of the G20 member countries (Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada (1 Indigenous and 1 non-Indigenous delegate), China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, European Unio) or additional participating regions (Middle East and North Africa, African Union, South America).
- Delegates from Pakistan and Afghanistan have already been selected for 2018.
Funding: The Girls 20 Global Summit is partially funded and covers:
- Flights to and from Buenos Aires from their nearest major city
- Transportation to and from the airport in Buenos Aires
- Accommodation in a shared room with one other female delegate
- All meals during the week
- Travel insurance
- Costs associated with travel visas
Summit Dates: 14 – 20 October 2018
Deadline: 6 April 2018