Applications are invited for fully funded Chinese Government Scholarship program at Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics (NUAA). NUAA is one of China’s premier learning and research institutions in Aerospace Engineering. The deadline to apply is 31st March 2018.
The university is located most developed area in Jiangsu Province with top quality research output.
About CGS and NUAA: In order to promote the mutual understanding, cooperation and exchanges in various fields between China and other countries, the Chinese government has set up a series of scholarship programs to sponsor international students, teachers and scholars to study and conduct research in NUAA.
This is a full scholarship for designated Chinese universities and certain provincial education offices in specific provinces or autonomous regions to recruit outstanding international students for graduate studies in China. It only supports postgraduate students.
Application Programs: Masters’ Degree or PhD Degree
Duration of Studies / Scholarship: This scholarship only supports master’s students for no more than 3 academic years or doctoral students for no more than 4 academic years. The scholarship covers both major study and Chinese language/preparatory study, as specified in the Admission Letter.
Eligibility: Applicants must be:
- a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
- The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must be:
-a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
-a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs.
- Applicants may not receive any other types of scholarship.
- Applicants should have good academic performance and strong capacity in scientific research.
- Students who are currently pursuing their final year could also apply as long as they can obtain their graduation diploma before enrolling at the university.
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship;
- Notarized highest diploma;
- Academic transcripts;
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal; (This should be a minimum of 800 words.)
- Two Recommendation Letters; Applicants must submit two recommendation letters signed by a professor or an associate professor.
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy); (Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.)
- The copy of valid HSK Certificate (if available), TOEFL or IELTS; (If applicable)
Documents Language: Documents other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations. (You should submit two sets of bound documents). No application documents will be returned.
- Visit and register at CGS Information System (or Campus China) and click “Application Online”. Fill in the correct agency number (Agency number for NUAA is 10287);
- Complete the online application procedure at CGS Information System. Applicants are required to select major, please select the correct discipline (for more information about the major, please refer to this link)
- Download the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship and print two hard copies.
- Apply Online from NUAA’s Online Application page
Please do not post-mail your hard copy, only selected students will be requested to send the hard copies of the documents after preliminary selection.
- Pay the mandatory non-refundable application fee of CNY 400 or USD$75. (Documents will be assessed for only those who have successfully paid the application fees)
- Selected applicants will be notified by email, please make sure to check your email during the months of April-June (depend on the final result from CSC). Only after the confirmation of the selected candidate, university will dispatch the admission notice and other required documents for applying X1 student visa.
- Scholarship will not be reserved if scholarship recipient cannot register before the registration deadline.
NUAA does not provide China Government Scholarship for Undergraduate program, please contact the Chinese Embassy in your home country for details about CGS Scholarship for undergraduate program. For more information please refer to CSC.
Note: Please do not send the hard copy of application documents unless requested by the Postgraduate Office of NUAA.
Application Period: 1 January – 31 March 2018