Do you want to be part of a team representing the voice of 1.2 billion young people in the Commonwealth? Nominations are now open for the upcoming Commonwealth Youth Council (CYC) 2018 elections, and will close on 31 December 2017.
To fit the general criteria for nomination, candidates:
- must be at least 15 years old at nomination, and be under 30 years for the entire term of office (April 2018¬—April 2020)
- must have a minimum of three years’ experience as a national and regional/international youth leader
- should be an experienced youth advocate
- must be national of a Commonwealth country, but do not need to be resident in that country.
The following positions are available and will be served for a two-year term:
- Vice Chairperson – Inclusion and Engagement
- Vice Chairperson – Partnerships and Resources
- Vice Chairperson – Policy and Advocacy
- Regional Representative – Africa and Europe
- Regional Representative – Asia
- Regional Representative – Caribbean and the Americas
- Regional Representative – Pacific
- Representative – Special Interest Groups
Young people will have the opportunity to choose their leadership team on Election Day, 18 April 2017 during the Commonwealth Youth Council’s General Assembly in London.
Approved candidates are expected to be part of national and regional delegations attending the CYC’s General Assembly in London and must be physically present at the General Assembly.
The elections will coincide with the Commonwealth Youth Forum (CYF) and the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) 2018. Read more about the CHOGM2018.
This year’s youth forum delegates are shaping national and Commonwealth agendas on topics of particular interest to young people under the theme “Powering Our Common Future.” If you are a young person aged between 15 and 29 who would like to have your say on what the Commonwealth leaders should discuss in April, please visit Common Wealth 2018 Facebook Page where you can leave a message or upload a video.
For a list of documentation for nominations and the CYC elections, including the nomination form, instructions and job descriptions; election details and the CYC Constitution, see the official link.
If you have any questions about the CYC elections please contact us at: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.