The United Nations Volunteers programme is the UN organization that promotes volunteerism both at home and for abroad. Those individuals who intend to become volunteer can create their profile at centrally manged setup.
Personal Information, Addresses, Qualifications, Professional Experiences and at-least one References is required along with a Motivation Statement (250 characters max.) is required for completing the application.
Volunteerism can transform the pace and nature of development and it benefits both society at large and the individual volunteer. UNV contributes to peace and development by advocating for volunteerism globally, encouraging partners to integrate volunteerism into development programming, and mobilizing volunteers. And now you have a chance to become a member, join UNV!
The first step for volunteering abroad with the UN is to determine whether it meets the minimum requirements (see below). If this is the case, register your profile in our Global Talent Pool. The profiles of the Pool Talent correspond to allocations offered by UN agencies. Most of the tasks are filled through Pool Global Talent without announcing. Only special calls are announced for tasks in highly specialized areas or in high demand through this website (scroll down to the page).
Positions: Approximately 2,000 allocations are available per year.
Why Volunteer with UN: International UN Volunteer assignments generally run for six to 12 months, with the possibility of extending for one to two years. Short-term assignments are also requested by our partners from time to time. International UN Volunteers are entitled to certain allowances. UN Volunteers are people aged between 18 to 55 years who want to engage in development and peace initiatives worldwide.
Benefits: The purpose of allowances is to enable international UN Volunteers to sustain a modest and secure standard of living at the duty station.
Allowances provided are:
- Volunteer living allowance: a monthly allowance intended to cover basic living expenses
- Travel expenses: for travel to duty station upon appointment and for repatriation at the end of the assignment
- Settling-in-grant: a grant calculated on the duration of assignment, paid at the beginning of the assignment
- Insurances: life, health and permanent disability insurance
- Annual leave
- Resettlement allowance: calculated based on the duration of assignment, paid upon satisfactory completion of the assignment.
Eligibility: The UN Volunteer Programme is looking for motivated and talented youths between the ages of 25 and 55. (Note: You must be younger than 55 years throughout the duration of your service). The Educational background and experience required varies by assignment, but generally both Graduates and Non-graduates are eligible to apply.
How to Apply: All UN Volunteer assignments to volunteer abroad application is only Online. Use the Application link provided on this website to start your application free of charge.
- The minimum requirements to serve as an international UN Volunteer are: 25 years old and older (no upper age limit); university degree or higher technical diploma;
- At least two years of relevant work experience in a professional background; good working knowledge of English, Spanish or French
Start your application online at UN Volunteer portal.