Ajinomoto Scholarship Foundation offers six countries (Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Vietnam and Russia) wishing to enroll in a master’s course (at specified graduate schools in the sciences) at designated universities in Japan to secure scholarships before their arrival in Japan. It aims to cultivate individuals capable of leading Asia in the twenty-first century and to contribute to the development of Asia and the world as well as to mutual understanding between these countries and Japan.
Ajinomoto Scholarship for ASEAN+ ONE International Students 2019 Application Guidelines
Applicants who wish to enroll in a master’s course in one of the sciences (at specified graduate schools) at the University of Tokyo, Kyoto University, Nagoya University, Ochanomizu University, Waseda University and Kagawa Nutrition University (hereinafter “Universities”) and who fulfill the following requirements and qualifications.
- The applicant must be a citizen of Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Vietnam or Russia.
- The applicant must have graduated or be expected to graduate with an excellent academic record (with 16 years of education completed or expected to be completed) and must receive the recommendation of his/her university president or academic advisor or be otherwise qualified to enroll in the University.
- The applicant must be under the age of 35 on April 1, 2019.
- In principle, the applicant must be able to obtain approval of acceptance as either a postgraduate international research student (hereinafter “Research Student”) or a graduate school student (master’s course) (hereinafter “Master’s Course Student”) from the University and be registered as a Research Student or a Master’s Course Student for April 2019 or October 2019.
- The applicant must acquire adequate Japanese language proficiency that is required in order to research and study in a master’s course, when enrolling as a Master’s Course Student.
- The applicant must file an application and attend selection procedures in the country eligible for this program.
- The applicant must be in good physical and mental health and have a strong motivation for learning.
- The applicant must not be receiving other scholarships.
- Research Student at graduate school: ¥150,000/month (for 1 year).
- Master’s Course Student at graduate school: ¥180,000/month (for 2 years).
- Examination, admission and tuition fees: covered in full.
- Airfare to Japan: provide a one-way air ticket from one of the 6 countries (Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Vietnam or Russia) to Japan(economy class flight ticket, in principle).
Number of students to be accepted: One student from each of the 6 countries (Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Vietnam and Russia).
Period of Scholarships: Scholarships will be provided for max. 3 years: 1 year studying as a Research Student, and 2 years as a Master’s Course Student. The scholarship will be suspended when the scholarship recipient (who enters as a Research Student) fails to pass the entrance exam for a master’s course within a year after arriving
in Japan. For Waseda University, in principle, scholarships will be provided for 2 years studying as a Master’s Course Student.
Selection and Notification:
- 1st screening: Late March – April 2018
- 2nd screening: May 2018
- Notification of the results: June 2018
Application Deadline: 3 March, 2018