The 12th World Youth Alliance Asia Pacific Summer Camp will take place from 28 May – 2 June 2018 in Philippines. The applications for the 6-day learning and leisure opportunity will close on 30 March 2018.
This opportunity is for Asia Pacific youth who want to expand their knowledge about human dignity and their role in development through completing the WYA Certified Training Program–a course that provides a comprehensive summary of philosophical, historical, and modern-day ideas that focus on the dignity of the person and human rights advocacy. It also provides the foundation for the mission of the World Youth Alliance.
The summer program presents an opportunity for holistic self-development, cultural exchange, and leadership training through lectures, discussions, and team-building activities. It aims to train youth in communicating articulately in the discourse of human dignity in order to engage local and international communities in developing person-centered solutions to global issues.
Benefits: The participation in WYA Summer Camp will offer following benefits:
- Gain the knowledge and ability to communicate articulately the idea of human dignity through the WYA Certified Training Program.
- Expand their horizon and develop their leadership and social skills through our various group activities.
- Have the chance to engage with other young people from various backgrounds
- Become eligible to participate in other WYA regional and international events that are exclusive to WYA Certified Members.
Asia Pacific Summer Camp: The summer camp will focus on following issues and problems:
- Dignity and human rights
- What it means to prioritize the person
- Social issues and person-centered solutions to issues
- The youth voice in the international arena
- Universal values such as solidarity, freedom for excellence, beauty, and others
Cost: Regular applicants will have to pay $ 175 USD / Php 7,900 (for applicants residing in the Philippines) and for late Applicant, the fee for particpation is $ 185 USD / Php 8,200 (for applicants residing in the Philippines).
The fees will cover all accommodations, meals, and other program items:
- 6 days, 5 nights shared room accommodations (males and females will be assigned separate rooms)
- Local travel during the camp program
- Full-board meals
- Summer Camp kit
- WYA T-shirt
- Program activities
- Certificate of Participation
- Inspiring discussions and an enriching active environment
However, the cost associated with travel, lodging, visa application (if applicable), and tax expenses before and after the camp dates will be the sole responsibility of the participants. Fees are also exclusive of additional bank charges.
Application Deadline: 30 March 2018
Application: WYA Portal